October 24 – 26, 2008 • Hakone, Japan
The eleventh annual Japan-U.S. Symposium was held at the Prince Hakone in Hakone, Japan from Friday, October 24, through Sunday, October 26, 2008.
• The U.S. Credit Crisis and Japan’s Banking Crisis: What’s the Same, What’s Different, and How Can Japan’s Experience
Help in Resolving the U.S. Crisis?
• Perspectives and Lessons Learned from Global Financial Centers: Re-evaluating Capital Markets Policy, Legislation,
• Sovereign Wealth Funds: Should We Have Them and How Should We Live With Them?
• Robert Dohner, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Asia, U.S. Department of the Treasury
• Sir Deryck Maughan, Managing Director and Chairman of Asia, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Asia
• Takehiko Nakao, Senior Deputy Director, General of International Bureau, Ministry of Finance (on behalf of Naoyuki
Shinohara Vice Finance Minister for International Affairs, Ministry of Finance)
• Atsushi Saito, Chief Executive Officer, Tokyo Stock Exchange Group, Inc.
• Takafumi Sato, Commissioner, Financial Services Agency, Japan