September 30 – October 2, 2005 • Gotemba, Japan
The eighth annual Japan-U.S. Symposium was held at the Keidanren Guesthouse in Gotemba from Friday, September 30, through Sunday, October 2, 2005.
• Capitalism in Japan and the United States: The Purpose of Corporations and the Contestability of Corporate Control
• Management and Regulation of Large Complex Financial Institutions
• Reform of the Postal Savings and Insurance System in Japan and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the U.S.
• Hiroshi Watanabe, Vice Minister of Finance for International Affairs, Ministry of Finance
• Taizo Nishimuro, Chairman of the Board, Tokyo Stock Exchange Inc
• Masamoto Yashiro, Chairman, Shinsei Bank, Limited
• Wilbur L. Ross, CEO and Chairman, WL Ross & Co LLC