June 11 – 13, 2004 • Beijing, China
The inaugural China-U.S. Symposium was held at the Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing, China from Friday, June 11, through Sunday, June 13, 2004.
• The Role of the Financial Systems of China and the U.S. in the Development of Their Economies
• The Approach of the Financial Systems of China and the U.S. to Fostering Corporate Governance and Serving Multiple
• How Financial Issues Between China and the U.S. Affect the Flow of Investment and Trade
• Lou Jiwei, Executive Vice Minister, Ministry of Finance
• Zhou Xiaochuan, President, The People’s Bank of China
• Paul Speltz, Emissary of the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury to the People’s Republic of China