Enhance your skills in protecting investors, ensuring the integrity of the capital markets, and strengthening financial stability. Gain insight into complex issues that shape the securities regulation landscape, and examine current regulatory policies and emerging challenges. Through this global certificate jointly organized by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) and the Program on International Financial Systems at Harvard Law School (PIFS-HLS), you build your expertise to help you advance your career in regulating securities markets.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals and intricacies of securities regulation and compliance
- Learn regulatory techniques and strategies that are practical, innovative, and representative of the very latest thought in enhanced securities regulation
- Master key facets of protecting investors, ensuring the integrity of the capital markets, and strengthening financial stability
- Gain insight into current and future regulatory challenges and emerging issues
No application is required. To secure your seat at the 2016 IOSCO/PIFS-Harvard Law School Global Certificate Program for Regulators of Securities Markets kindly register at your earliest convenience and no later than August 31st for Phase I at IOSCO in Madrid, Spain (October 17-28, 2016) and no later than October 14th for Phase II at Harvard Law School (December 4-9, 2016). Successful attendees will be awarded a joint certificate of participation issued by IOSCO and PIFS-Harvard Law School.
Please note that this program is only open to members of IOSCO. While we encourage IOSCO members to complete the full program, it is also possible to attend any part of the program on a non-certificate basis.
Earning the Certificate
- Complete Phase I by reading the online learning materials provided by IOSCO and participating in the modules on regulation and compliance taught in Madrid, Spain (Agenda)
- Complete Phase II by attending one week-long in-person module taught on campus at Harvard Law School (Agenda)
- Participate in both Phase I and Phase II of the program within three years.
The Global Certificate Program for regulators of securities markets requires reading online learning materials and attending three modules.
To register for (any of) the two week-long sessions of Phase I at IOSCO Headquarters in Madrid, Spain, please complete the online registration form.
To register for the one week-long session of Phase II on campus at the Harvard Law School in Cambridge (Massachusetts), United States, please complete the online registration form on the PIFS website.